Monday, April 15, 2013

Pinoy Fiesta in foreign soil

When Pinoys get together, there are three things that are consistent in those gatherings - regardless of location. This is true even in foreign soil: karaoke, inuman (imbibing alcohol), and food.

Lots and lots of food.

To wit:
pansit bihon chock-full of sahog
 
sweet pork barbecue
 
calderobo - the bastard (and yummy) child of adobo and caldereta
  
lumpiang Shanghai - na wala naman sa Shanghai
There was also sinigang na ulo ng salmon at hipon. Or maybe I should have written HIPON. Do you agree?
 
Major major hipon! The orange thing, not the girl in white =P
There were also not-so-Pinoy stuff but I have no complaints. Everything was awesome!
apple and raisin crumble - so good!
 
grape tomato, basil, mozarella, and prosciutto bites - I had five of these. Not sorry!
 I also stuffed my face with five servings of my favorite Thai dessert: khao niew ma muang!
mango with sticky rice: sweet, salty, sticky, juicy, and extremely satisfying
I am SO glad I have six more days here in Bangkok. I will attack street food next... if only going out didn't mean getting wet and having to wash out chalk from my hair!

No comments: