Monday, April 15, 2013

Market Day!

Because you can't take the market monster out of the Pinay, Popsie and I stepped out this morning to the nearest little market a couple of blocks from the condo.

It's the last day of Songkran so most establishments are closed but some stalls in the talaat were open.

If I were vegetarian, I'd love it here - the food choices are awesome and very affordable. Heck, I'm not vegetarian but I love it here!

 
Lovely vine-ripened tomatoes
 
Mushrooms for the fungophile
 
Mung bean sprouts, katuray flowers, and young corn
 
Sawtooth coriander, coriander/cilantro, parsley, and a bunch of other things I can't identify
 
Spices and dried herbs
 
khanom tweh (sp?) - made from rice flour, it is steamed in those tiny cups. It is a symphony of sweet and salty.
 
Unripe mangoes (40THB/kg), longan (80THB/kg), and giant makopa (wax or Java apple)
 
Mangosteen - 40THB/kg. I ate a whole kilo by myself this afternoon!
 
Rambutan (80THB/kg) so fresh I swear the green spikes were moving (hehehe)
 
Our veggie stash
 I also made a "healthy" omelette for breakfast.

 


Garlic, onion, organic eggs, diced tomato, thinly-sliced asparagus stems
 
Hello, breakfast
Don't be fooled, though... Popsie, Momsie, and I - we had some Bacon Spam with this omelette. =)

No comments: